Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Doing Laundry

 I love doing laundry. No joke.

 It's a "situation" I can be in control of for one thing.
Also, I'm doing something to bless my family (yes, I volunteered).
It's very rewarding to get stains out of things.
And another great thing is it's quiet (well, more quiet than the rest of the house) and I can think and sing Frozen songs at the top of my lungs.

 I like singing to myself and to God. It relaxes me.
It also gives me a chance to think clearly about things to put in my books and short stories because I am usually not bothered much.

It's my favorite chore.


 But the best thing I think is that I feel like Doctor Who.
Haha, yeah I said I feel like the Doctor.
I really do!


  I mean you get to push this....


 and pull that...
and twist this thing...
 And then the machines make noises just like the T.A.R.D.I.S.!

 "Herrweeeeee."

 "Zhing-zhing."
 
"Weahhhhrweahhhhr."
 And so forth. It just so... empowering.

 I'm always just about ready to yell at my imaginary companion, "Get ready, Pond!" when I leave the room.



Have you done laundry and had a spin in the T.A.R.D.I.S. today?

3 comments:

  1. That's awesome I love doing laundry too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I HATE that job! I LOVE cleaning the barn however, or mucking stalls. That is the best therapy ever. True country girl here. :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course, I will do any job willingly if I can sing loudly when I do it!

    ReplyDelete